'WTH IS CHP'? ENER-G publishes guide to energy industry acronyms25/07/2014
A guide to the energy industry's most baffling acronyms has been published by cogeneration specialist ENER-G to improve customers' understanding of combined heat and power
" CHP is a complex technology and there's a long list of other associated industry abbreviations that can make it more difficult to understand", says Clare Burns, Marketing Manager for ENER-G Combined Power. "If you've ever wondered WTH is COP (coefficient of performance)? or exclaimed OMG what's an MPa (Megapascal), this guide will give you interpretations and a short explanation."
Some of the most popular acronyms associated with CHP, featured and defined in the guide, include:
- CCHP - Combined Cooling, Heat and Power
- DSR - Demand Side Response
- DSM - Demand side measures
- STOR - Short Term Operating Reserve
- GCV - Gross Calorific Value
- WHRB - Waste Heat Recovery Boiler
- ORC - Organic Rankine Cycle
- ESCO - Energy Services Company
Download the report 'WTH is CHP? - a guide to the energy industry's acronyms'