DECC CHP Outreach Workshops
CHP Outreach Workshops (Reducing Energy Costs with Combined Heat & Power). 16 January 2014, Aston University, Birmingham.
The Department of Energy and Climate Change is running free to attend one-day workshops in 2014 to raise awareness and knowledge of CHP. The events will highlight the advantages of CHP heat linking and heat networks in supplying heat loads beyond the CHP site boundary.
The aim is to increase awareness and understanding of the existing Government support and incentives available for CHP and how to account for these in planning and financially assessing potential projects and the advantages.
Tony McDermott, Head of UK Business Development for ENER-G Combined Power, will join the expert panel of speakers for the Birmingham event. He will present case study examples of how CHP is being used across public buildings to reduce energy costs and carbon dioxide emissions.
Other speakers include: Mahmoud Abu-Ebid, CHPQA Programme Director, other members of the programme team from Ricardo-AEA and BRE, and Stephen Brooks from the DECC Heat Network Delivery Unit.
Who will benefit?
- Local government (County, District, Borough and City Council)
- Directors of Environment, Housing, Planning (for public buildings)
- Housing planners (for private buildings)
- Energy managers at higher education establishments such as universities and the Higher Education Funding Council
- Royal Institute of British Architects members (for their information when designing commercial buildings)
- Facility and energy managers in hospitals
- Investors and financiers
Register for Free Ticket
The one-day workshops are free of charge. Register here: http://chp.decc.gov.uk/cms/chp-outreach-workshops/