Technical Solutions Manager
- Location: Head Office, Salford, Manchester
- Job posted on 23/01/17
ENER-G is looking to recruit a Technical Solutions Manager into their CHP and Energy Solutions Sales Team based in Salford. The candidate will need a solid technical sales background and experience of whole life cost solutions modelling. The role sits alongside the sales and tendering manager on the sales leadership team and provides technical input to tenders, bids and proposals. These will range from simple CHP installations requiring conceptual design input through to complex energy solutions combining multiple technologies. This is a largely office based role that provides a technical bridge between the sales team and the design and applications engineering teams. The team is expected to grow to between 4 to 6 direct reports in the next 12 to 24 months. The role is largely office based in Salford due to the team management requirement.
With typical deal sizes being £500k to £10m the TSM will lead the development of technical solutions at the pre tender stage, ensuring the optimum techno commercial offering. The TSM and their team may also participate significantly in the delivery of investment grade audits and pre-contract concept design and cost development. You will work closely with the Sales Managers and Sale Director in making bid/no bid decisions and in developing bid strategy.
- Establish a team that provides high quality high speed technical support to the front line sales staff.
- Participate in the effective delivery of investment Grade audits to ensure that they are delivered within budget and on time to the client.
- Take a prominent role in supporting technical meetings during the tender stage
- Actively drive the sales handover process to ensure a smooth transition to engineering colleagues with delivery responsibility.
- Prepare regular contract review reports on the IGA/delivery progress to the senior management team.
- Prepare complex models outlining financial characteristics of projects, projects risks and customer benefits. Being prepared to build innovative complex models not predefined by the business in order to meet customer requirements.
- Oversee customer Insight sessions and Joint Working Groups.
- Manage the design validation and co-ordination of a team during tender process.
- Ensure technical solutions have robust cost and savings figures with appropriate audit trail.
- Model how energy savings can be delivered (order and by priority) in an energy savings contract (ESA)
- Network within the industry. Be seen to be a trusted advisor / partner of clients.
- Ensure procedures are adhered to and are delivered on time to the highest quality and safety.
- Will be required to attend management, contract, site and general staff meetings.
To be considered you need to have the following knowledge and qualifications
- Knowledge of CHP, energy efficiency and Energy Performance Contracting markets
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial modelling and assessment of solutions
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Expected to hold a Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Strong technical skills in energy efficient systems with direct experience of delivering CHP or energy saving projects.
- Must have a proven track record on leading projects and delivering to agreed deadlines
- Ability to articulate complex energy-saving solutions including costs and savings calculations
- Must work in a clear and methodical manner with complete transparency
- Team management experience
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Experience of a wide range of energy conservation measures
- Ability to work as a team with a proactive approach to dealing with clients and/or suppliers
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button in Centrica website: www.centrica.com/careers
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: "ENER-G Technical Solutions Manager’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Apply for this job