- Location: Head Office, Salford, Manchester
- Job posted on 03/02/17
Commercial Manager - Salford
Competitive basic with excellent benefits
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our ENER-G business in Salford, Manchester. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
The Commercial Manager will be required to provide commercial & legal support to the development of new business as well as legal assistance post contract execution. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Carry out risk analysis of third party terms and conditions to assess risks/implications of key clauses and to identify potential commercial & legal risks and minimise risks and minimise these
- Negotiate with clients / customers on commercial & legal issues, drafting and re-drafting of contract clauses where applicable
- To provide projects and operations with full commercial support in execution of all projects (e.g. contract summary, standard docs for contract management, etc.)
- Create, draft and execute ‘back to back’ subcontracts for large projects
- To assist projects and operations with general contractual/commercial queries post contract signature which may be referred for further clarification, advice or action
We are seeking candidates who have experience within the construction or energy sector and who have a sound knowledge of industry standard contracts (e.g. MF/1/NEC/JCT etc.). You must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- An excellent understanding of commercial contractsA proven track record of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Ability to undertake analysis
- Degree level qualification in law/business - Preferable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Commercial Manager R9918188’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.